Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Gmarket Haul #8!

DSC_0074

OMG...I've had so many problems with Gmarket lately. The two items above are from two separate orders so technically this isn't a haul but I decided to put it together anyway. First off the items and then the problems.


GY8024 Black Lace-up Ankle Boots
29,800 won (~$28.45) (discounted price)
GY8024
DSC_0075
DSC_0076
DSC_0079

I finally got a pair of black boots that I was looking for, but they weren't perfect! I ordered a size 240 (I'm a US size 7), but these were tight when I first tried them on (my toes touch the front of the boot and the boot shaft is slim). I feel like these are more of a size 6.5. I wore them out the past two days and they loosened a teeny bit so I hope that they will loosen even more with wear. Other than that these boots are great! The quality is very good. They didn't reek of chemicals. The sides of the boot and the insole are cushiony! I'm thinking of buying another pair (maybe in a size 245 instead) because these boots are the kind I'm looking for and this seller actually has it in stock (compared to other sellers where I've tried to buy boots from, but I'll explain more later).


Innisfree Apple Juicy Cleansing Oil
12,800 won (~$12.30)
DSC_0015

I bought this back in January. I haven't been using it a lot because I want to finish the Kracie Purenavi Cleansing Serum but I've tried this a few times. The oil is slick and not thick. It emulsifies easily and it cleanses well. I feel like I don't have to follow up with a cleansing foam when I use this. This has that fake apple smell like apple flavored bubble gum but it doesn't bother me. This also does not include mineral oil.

Ok, so now onto the issues:

1) The Long Frustrating Journey of Finding New Boots
In my previous Gmarket haul, I got a pair of black boots but they weren't the ones I was looking for because the boot shaft was too short. In my next order, I ordered a pair of boots from a different seller along with the Innisfree Apple Juicy cleansing oil. A few days later, the boots were cancelled and it was too late to return the cleansing oil so I only receive that. Luckily I had a gift certificate from the Top Bloggers so I just paid $16.32.

For my next order, I order another pair of boots from a different seller. I check a few days later and see that it is "On Delivery". After a week I send an inquiry to both the seller and the Gmarket help center telling them that it's been a week and it still hasn't arrived at Gmarket and I receive an email saying the order was cancelled. I feel like if I didn't email them, I would be waiting forever for them to finally notice anything. Finally, I made the third order with the boots shown above. When I made the order I also added an item from Etude House but a day or two later, I put in a return request for it because I was so afraid of the same thing happening again. Luckily it didn't but I didn't want to take any chances.

Overall, it took a few times just to get the kind of boots I was looking for. One of the downfalls of Gmarket is having the item go out of stock and being cancelled even though it was "available" at the time of order. It wouldn't be so bad if I had ordered a bunch of other things, but nowadays I only order a few items. What I do now is wait a few days before placing my order in case an item becomes out of stock.

2) Not being able to pay
I feel like this is a technical issue, but sometimes I'm not able to pay. For example, when I click the "Pay Now" button it doesn't load or go to the next page. It happens when this shows up:

wrongpayment

I find that it only goes through when this is shown:

correctpayment

Really random and weird but I've had this issue and it's extremely frustrating because you just want to buy the stuff and receive it already.

No comments: