Saturday, March 30, 2013

Some Things From Ulta

DSC_0146
Ecotools Bamboo Smudge Eyeliner Brush & Essence All About Matt! Fixing Compact Powder


DSC_0150
DSC_0151
DSC_0152
DSC_0154


I was looking for cheaper alternatives to the smudge brush the makeup artist from the Make Up For Ever Makeup Bag Event used to apply the crease color on my eye lids and thought this might be a good alternative. It's too pointed and small to use in the crease, but it's great for smudging eyeliner and applying eye shadow along the bottom lash line. I find the sharpener side to be useless because most of my pencils don't fit (for example, Milani's Liquif'eye Metallic eye liner pencil). 

Another issue I have with Ecotools in general is the packaging. I know they are eco friendly and all, but I think that most people do not use the original packaging to store their brushes. I feel like it would be better for them to have recyclable packaging.


DSC_0155
DSC_0156
DSC_0160

The main thing I was looking for in Ulta was this new matte powder from Essence. I wanted the loose powder, but I don't think they released it in the U.S. because it's not on the website or in the store. 

I got Rimmel's Stay Matte powder before to try to help with my oily forehead and nose, but it didn't live up to my expectations (I would get oily after only 3-4 hours and the color didn't match with my skin). I've tried this matte powder for a few days now and I like it better than Rimmel's matte powder. 

Pros:
-Smooth powder
-Natural looking finish (not that unnatural super matte finish)
-Lasted about 5 hours until I got shiny
-Translucent
-Cheap ($3.99)

Cons:
-Only available in Ulta

No comments: