Sunday, March 17, 2013

Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer Swatches

DSC_0128
Rimmel Match Perfection Concealers in Fair/Light, Light, & Light/Medium

I wanted a new concealer because I felt like my Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection concealer wasn't doing it. I also had it for a year now so it was definitely time to throw it out. I went back to Sonia Kashuk's concealer palette and Hard Candy's Glamoflauge concealer, but I didn't like how either of them looked. I checked out Makeupalley's reviews and saw that this concealer had an average rating of 4.1 out of 5. Walgreens also had 50% off Rimmel cosmetics so I definitely had to try it out! First I picked up the light/medium shade, but it was too dark for my skin. Next time I went, I picked up light and fair/light. 

DSC_0130
DSC_0132
DSC_0141
Left to right: Fair/Light, Light, Light/Medium

The range of colors are really weird. Light is super pink, light/medium is tan, and the next one up (Medium) looks straight up yellow. Fair/light works for me right now and I'm hoping that light/medium will work when I get tanned during the summer. I'm bummed I can't return the shade Light because Walgreens doesn't accept opened/used cosmetics unless it caused a bad skin reaction. 

I'm still figuring out if I like it or not. When I first tried it, I liked how it didn't crease as much as my other concealers. I can also put a few layers without making it cakey, but I still see my dark circles showing through. 

No comments: