Monday, December 31, 2012

A Few Things From the Japanese Market!

Every time my family and I visit our relatives in Southern California, we always go to Mitsuwa and Marukai in Torrance. I picked up two things that I first saw at Mitsuwa, but bought at Marukai.



DSC_0926
Juju Cosmetics Whitening Mist Peach Flavor


I saw this at Mitsuwa while looking around in the cosmetic/skincare section. They had a tester so I sprayed some on my hand. Later on I touched my hand and it was SO soft!!! We went to Marukai after where I bought it for $13.98. Mitsuwa sold it for $13.99. I don't really use facial mists, but I bought this one to use all over my body and for when I feel like I need extra moisture. The mist is very strong, but fine. I put it as far as my arm can go so I don't get showered in it. 

Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Methylparaben, Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid, Fragrance, Xanthan Gum, Placental Protein, Sodium Hyaluronate, Prunus Persica (Peach) Leaf Extract

Ugh, I just saw it had Placenta. I hope it's not from a pig!!!


DSC_0923
Kracie Purenavi Facial Cleansing Serum Unfoaming


I also saw this at Mitsuwa first. I was looking for a new cleansing oil to try. I wanted to try this one because it is fragrance, paraben, and colorant free. It also does not have mineral oil which I think my skin reacts badly to. I totally forgot if I was looking at the cleansing oil or cleansing serum at Mitsuwa, but when I went to Marukai they only had the cleansing serum. I got it at Marukai for $12.98.

Ingredients: Water, Dipropylene Glycol, PEG-20 Glyceryl Isostearate, PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Alcohol, Glycerin, PEG-45 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Citric Acid, Grape (Vitis Vinifera) Seed Oil, Sodium Citrate, Butylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Trisodium Hedta, Lemon (Citrus Medica Limonum) Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract

When I first tried this, it REEKED of alcohol. It didn't help that the first time I tried it was after a night of drinking vodka -__-. The second time I tried it, the alcohol scent wasn't as bad, but it was still there. After, I checked the ingredients and yup alcohol is the fifth ingredient from the top. Other than the alcohol scent, I think it's a good cleansing serum. I use 3 pumps for my face and another for my eyes. I've never tried or used cleansing serums before so I don't know the exact steps, but I apply this with dry hands and a dry face and just rinse off with water. I don't use a cleansing foam after because I feel like this does a good job itself and it doesn't leave any residue behind. After I wash my face with this, it feels clean and bright! I wouldn't purchase this again and I'm afraid to try the cleansing oil in fear of it smelling like alcohol too, but I'll finish this up! 

No comments: