Saturday, April 14, 2012

Gmarket Haul #3!

I made a small order using the gift certificate from the Top Bloggers. As I mentioned in a previous post, I was having problems making an order because 'Error 709' kept coming up. I was finally able to place an order by using Internet Explorer 6 on a different computer (I had Internet Explorer 9 on my laptop). It's kind of sad how it worked on an older version of Internet Explorer than the most recent one, but if you're having the same problems, try it either on a different computer and/or an older version of Internet Explorer.


I also had another issue with shipping. My order had a higher actual weight than the estimated one so I had to pay more for shipping. I thought I could use my Cash Balance even though it didn't cover the whole amount and of course it didn't work. Don't take that chance lol! They always say how your balance needs to be more than what you're paying for and I knew that, but I tried it anyway. I tried to pay again with paypal, but the links weren't leading me to the payment page. I sent them an email and they cancelled the additional overseas shipping payment. I was finally able to pay by going to Shopping List and I saw the "Pay Now" link for the order:


paypal

Estimated Weight: 0.90Kg (23,300 won)
Actual Weight: 1.21Kg (additional 6,500 won)

DSC_0282
DSC_0284
IMG_0951
IMG_0952
IMG_0954
Holika Holika order: Luminous Silk BB Cream #02, Bulgarian Rose Emulsion & Serum

IMG_0955
Samples I received from Holika Holika

IMG_0968
Holika Holika Luminous Silk BB Cream #02

IMG_0971
IMG_0973
IMG_0974
IMG_0975
IMG_0976
IMG_0978


Ah, the downfall of BB creams: trying to find one that matches your skin. Of course this one didn't, but it was okay because Holika Holika was having a 30% off sale and this BB cream only cost 9,030 won (~$8.18). If I keep this up, I'll be hoarding BB creams T_T. Even though this BB cream didn't match my skintone, it has a pump and a nice dewy finish.


IMG_0963
Holika Holika Bulgarian Rose Serum, 50ml
(bought on sale for 11,900 won ~$10.77)

IMG_0964
IMG_0965
IMG_1030


I absolutely love this serum. I wanted to try the Holika Holika Bulgarian Rose line because I love the smell of roses and I needed a serum and emulsion for my skincare routine. I like how this serum has a cap for the pump. The pump has good control. I use a small amount (as shown in the picture above) each on my forehead, nose, cheeks, and chin. This serum absorbs nicely and doesn't leave my face overly greasy.


IMG_0966
Holika Holika Bulgarian Rose Emulsion, 150ml
(bought on sale for 9,800 won ~$8.87)

IMG_0967
IMG_1032

When I was first using this, I found my face to be overly greasy/oily after application and in the morning when I woke up, but I believe that this was due to using too much product. It's hard getting the product out because it's housed in a glass bottle and the product is not liquid. I usually shake it out of the bottle or hit the bottom of it (like a glass ketchup bottle!) to get the product out. 

IMG_0958
Etude House Happy Teatime Peach Tea Cleansing Foam
150ml 3,000 won ~$2.72

IMG_0959
Etude House Moistfull Collagen Firming Eye Cream sample

I am way more excited for Korean beauty brand samples than American ones. lol.

I got this foaming cleanser from Etude House because in the book, Chizu Saeki recommended a "milky" foaming cleanser. All I need is a pea-size amount. It foams up nicely and smells great, but it does leave my skin feeling a little bit tight after. It doesn't bother me much since I'm going to tone and moisturize after anyway. It's pretty cheap since all I need is a pea-size amount. 

No comments: