Monday, March 5, 2012

MAC Studio Careblend Pressed Powder in Medium Dark

A few weeks ago, my skin was getting dry so I decided to try MAC's Studio Careblend Pressed Powder. I bought it off of ebay and was paranoid awhile afterwards thinking that it was a fake, but I'm certain now that it's real lol. I don't think I'm going to buy MAC products from ebay anymore though. I don't think it is worth it taking that risk.


Anyway, I finally found out my shade in MAC! For reference, I'm NC30 and purchased the Careblend powder in Medium Dark. I have the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Plus and loved it when I first got it, but stopped using it (the on and off/ changing up cosmetics thing : ]). Overall, I like the powder because it looks nice and provides a matte finish, but it's not completely matte. I don't know if it is nourishing my skin because I've been moisturizing more. It's also cheaper than the MSF Natural ($23 vs $29) for the same amount of product.


IMG_0910
IMG_0911
MAC Studio Careblend Pressed Powder in Medium Dark


IMG_0912
IMG_0913
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Plus


IMG_0914
Left: Careblend in Medium Dark
Right: MSF Natural in Medium Plus


IMG_0915
Left: MSF Natural in Medium Plus
Right: Careblend in Medium Dark


IMG_0824

I'm sorry for the sucky swatch above (I didn't swatch heavily, but I guess it shows that it works with my skin tone lol!) but if you can tell, the MSF Natural has a pink undertone compared to the Careblend powder.

No comments: